navit-project.org

forum for navit navigation tool
It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 08:38
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Feel free to ask anything here related to the development process - coding, creating new features, fixing bugs and custom changes of Navit.

Note: For reporting bugs, use the bug tracker.

Post subject: Maptool-Development for bicycle
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2013, 23:49 

I changed Maptool, so that streets with cobblestone you can avoid now. And now, you can prefer cycleways, there are only a tag beside streets. P.e. highway=residential and cycleway=track for a street.cycleway=lane, or cycleway:left=lane, all can be used to prefer it.

The produced map with my maptool is a little bit special for bicycle. Car-Routing is still possible, but not the same like without this special Maptool.

How can i make it public, that everybody can yuse it. Here or divided from here on sourceforge?

Post subject: Re: Maptool-Development for bicycle
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 12:25 

AFAIK you can open a TRAC ticket (use your wiki account URL as login) and add a patch file there. Hopefully somebody will do the codereview and add your changes.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 12:12 

The Oder/odra is no more empty! My program for Navit can now resolve the outer-rings of Mutlipolygones.

On my slow computer I have to limit the number of outers per Multipolygon, because it take to much time. But without limit, the program can resolve outer-rings with unlimitied number of ways. It recognizes, wich outerway belongs to wich closed outerring(in one Multipolygon are often defined more than one outer-ring). It realizes, if some outerway is missing.

The program ignores the inner-rings.They are visible, independ of Multipolygon or not. With half-transparent layers, you can see them on Navit-maps. Transparency is possible ( only on android-devices).

The Oder at Frankfurt/Oder, Germany is part of an multipolygon und the riverbank is usually empty on Navit-map.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 18:36 

Nice! Have you used an external program for this? It would be really great if we could integrate this feature into Maptool.

If you could provide a patch file, also for the first part / bicycle modifications (you can also add it as an attachment here), I could certainly do the code review and integrate it into the main Navit code. We just need to make sure it breaks no car routing features, and the correct routing / display is chosen depending on the routing profile / map layout.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 21:41 

So maybe it's a good idea to keep an eye of our Routing QA toolchain and add tests for the improved bicycle routing :)

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 03:59 

My special navit.xml (for android) is compressed. osm.c-file I attached, too. In this file I explain the changes in german. it begins with "// KW:".

The bike-routing is programmed a bit dirty. I took two highways in one for cycleways. The original highway and the cycleway. The same with cobblestone-streets. On these streets every node is a crossing point. Navit will then announce slight left/right from node to node.

street_0 is cobblestone-street and street_1_land my cycleways (only the cycleways beside streets without own way in osm-data). street_1_land is originally for minor-roads, but this is deprecated in osm-data.

I think, routing for cars is still possible, but the route could differ with the manipulated map. In 0,1%, the orignal road dissapear out from map-data, and there is only the cycleway street_1_land. This could be an problem for routing with cars. Routing is still possible, but the speed for this road is calculated wrong.
-------------------
The Multipolygon-resolving is an own tool, written in Java. Osm-data would at first go through my tool, and then trough maptool. Perhaps, I can integrate it. But the special thing here is the time. It needs 2,5 hours, to resolve the Multipolygons for Brandenburg+Berlin, part of Germany. Perhaps, some people dont want to wait so long. For planet-extractor with fast computers, its no problem, I hope. Or an option for maptool, to resolve or not the multipolygons?

Attachments:
navit.xml.tar.gz [31.95 KiB]
Downloaded 180 times
osm.c [90.53 KiB]
Downloaded 197 times

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2013, 05:18 

Mapmapper wrote:
The bike-routing is programmed a bit dirty. I took two highways in one for cycleways. The original highway and the cycleway. The same with cobblestone-streets. On these streets every node is a crossing point. Navit will then announce slight left/right from node to node.

Why do you use a separate street here? Wouldn't it be enough to add some attribute to the street?

Quote:
street_0 is cobblestone-street and street_1_land my cycleways (only the cycleways beside streets without own way in osm-data). street_1_land is originally for minor-roads, but this is deprecated in osm-data.

I think, routing for cars is still possible, but the route could differ with the manipulated map. In 0,1%, the orignal road dissapear out from map-data, and there is only the cycleway street_1_land. This could be an problem for routing with cars. Routing is still possible, but the speed for this road is calculated wrong.

Hm... Looks like this needs a bit more work to "properly" integrate it... I will try when I have some time, but if someone else wants to do it in the meantime, don't hesitate :)

Quote:
The Multipolygon-resolving is an own tool, written in Java. Osm-data would at first go through my tool, and then trough maptool. Perhaps, I can integrate it. But the special thing here is the time. It needs 2,5 hours, to resolve the Multipolygons for Brandenburg+Berlin, part of Germany. Perhaps, some people dont want to wait so long. For planet-extractor with fast computers, its no problem, I hope. Or an option for maptool, to resolve or not the multipolygons?

I guess then it would really be a good idea to make it optional. The easiest way would probably to code it as a function in C, make this a part of maptool and call this function only if some command line switch is given.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2013, 20:52 

xenos1984 wrote:
Why do you use a separate street here? Wouldn't it be enough to add some attribute to the street?

In Navit, you can yet only calculate a route with street-types. And p.e. bycicle yes/no (on/off bit-table). But the bit-table you cannot use to show the cycleways on the map, or not?. The cleanest solution would be, to define all car-streets double for car/bicycle-streets. Hm, but then you need a lot of combinations for cobblestone+cycleway-street. But it would work.
The street-types are not only in maptool defined, also in Navit at several places. There are mysterious relationships between the street-types and also their order seems to be important.

The Multipolygon-program I want to optimize a little bit at first. Then I will try it with maptool in c, perhaps.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2013, 21:33 

Yes, for streets with a bicycle lane I see the reason for creating two streets in Navit. But why for cobblestone?

Indeed, it seems that the Navit source is rather complex and not easy to understand...

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 02:48 

xenos1984 wrote:
Navit. But why for cobblestone?

I want to avoid them with bike. I think, for car it would also be better to avoid cobblestone.
On my map I can see the cobblestone-streets and can find cobblestone-streets, which are still not in osm-data.