navit-project.org

forum for navit navigation tool
It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 00:50
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Feel free to ask anything here related to the development process - coding, creating new features, fixing bugs and custom changes of Navit.

Note: For reporting bugs, use the bug tracker.

Post subject: Navit on Maemo
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2013, 13:17 

Hi, Maemo is a outdated but still very popular platform for the Nokia N900/N800 phone. But currently there is only a very old 0.0.2 version on the official maemo-dev repo. Our own n800 port refuses to get installed at a n900.

I tried to contact Henning that is still the maintainer on the Maemo-dev package, but the mail address is invalid. User:Sup seems to be active at the maemo mailinglist on Navit, but I didn't find a way to contact him either.

So is there anybody interested to keep this port alive by maintaining our build scripts, update the repos and fixing issues? At least at the testing side I might help, as I got a N900 thats waiting for tests :)

Post subject: Re: Navit on Maemo
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2013, 09:07 

Roland maintains an unoffical N900 port and might help us to get into the official repos
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=13 ... tcount=762

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 07:55 

Hi, sorry, the message from wiki did not get e-mailed and I was on holiday up until recently so I did not read the thread on talk.maemo.org until now. I just managed to get Navit running and provided my setup here so anybody trying it out with N900 has something to start with. I have no idea how to build navit. Rdosch (is that your Roland?) builds navit using automake. I think the only one who can do this is Tanago: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=13 ... tcount=755 - he seems to have a working build with cmake and seems to be willing to contribute. Thanks for the work by the way!

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2013, 08:46 

Ok, first I will change our wiki, so it points to rolands build and giving hints how to change the navit.xml. I will ask in the thread for a new package maintainer.