navit-project.org

forum for navit navigation tool
It is currently 17 Nov 2019, 16:25
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Feel free to ask anything here related to the installation and configuration of Navit.

Some notes before your first post:

Please provide as much informations as possible:

Post subject: logging and reading GPS tracks
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2019, 23:57 

The wiki page for Vehicle Options has a section about "Logging tracks" and the wiki page for Configuration/Full List of Options has a section about logging with options for various formats.

On the other hand there is the bug trac "#631 (Add waypoint recording to Navit)" said 6 years ago that mvglasow had abandoned the effort, but was offering whatever incomplete code he had up to that point for inclusion in future builds. Did any of that end up in current android .apk's?

I tried to make a .bin format log (since I expect the track to be longer than 1 hour, plus I would like to display it, as described in the vehicle options wiki) but ended up with no log file at all.

So which if any of these log recording options actually work today, for version 0.5.0-6382 or later? I do know the GPS in my device (an old Huawei Ideos U8150-B running FroYo) does work as I was able to use a different app to record a short *.gpx log file, transfer it to my PC, then import it to Google Earth. But I would prefer a format that can handle longer than 1 hour, and later be shown directly within Navit if possible.

Also I didn't see anything describing how to make these saved tracks (whether saved by Navit, or some other app) be displayed in Navit at some later time, is that possible? If so, how?