navit-project.org

forum for navit navigation tool
It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 21:40
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Feel free to ask anything here related to the installation and configuration of Navit.

Some notes before your first post:

Please provide as much informations as possible:

Post subject: -Solved- Navit-0.5.0 svn 6135 map type="csv" fails.
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2015, 20:50 

Navit on Puppy Linux kernel 3.9.9, compiled with --enable-map-csv, tested with simple one-liner csv file containing "-83.639608,32.563270,Home". Runs with "error: navit: attr_data_size: size for item_type unknown". Have tried several item_types such as "poi_hotel" with same result. If item_type is omitted from the map type statement in the navit.xml file, the error goes away. This apparently worked properly on earlier svn's but I do not know which ones.

Last edited by Ushotdog on 11 Dec 2015, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Navit-0.5.0 svn 6135 map type="csv" fails.
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2015, 21:27 

It looks like we always had this error reported. Also, csv maps most probably work correctly, we just have to suppress this error report.

Can you please try to ignore error report and verify if your csv map actually works correctly? If it does not, please post your <map> sentence here.

Post subject: Re: Navit-0.5.0 svn 6135 map type="csv" fails. -Solved-
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 16:13 

Thanks for the reply. My map sentence is:
Code:
<map type="csv" enabled="yes" data="/root/.navit/test_points.csv" item_type="poi_attraction" attr_types="position_longitude,position_latitude,label"/>
which gave the error and yielded an empty map layer. I had been testing with a one-line csv file. When the csv file was increased to two lines, ie. two map points, the error is still there but now the map layer works! I should have assumed that a csv file would have multiple entries. The error can be happily ignored. :D

I put a note on the csv page http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Csv that a one-entry csv file may not work.

Post subject: Re: Navit-0.5.0 svn 6135 map type="csv" fails. -Solved-
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2015, 19:19 

Ushotdog wrote:
I put a note on the csv page http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Csv that a one-entry csv file may not work.

I was unable to reproduce the problem: it seems to work for me even with a one-line csv.

Can you verify once again if there's no problem with your test line itself (lat/lon swapped etc). Do you have both items shown when you add a second line to the file?

Post subject: Also check for missing newline at EOF
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 10:16 

tryagain wrote:
Can you verify once again if there's no problem with your test line itself (lat/lon swapped etc).

In particular, I suspect that Navit needs a newline character at the end of each line in the CSV file, even the last line. Some text editors, particularly on MS Windows, omit the final newline character (for example, Window's notepad.exe and Notepad++).

So double-check that each line ends with newline or NL+CF.

Post subject: Re: -Solved- Navit-0.5.0 svn 6135 map type="csv" fails.
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2015, 02:08 

I have tested with one line in the csv file both with and without a CR_LF, also a two-line csv with the last line both having and then not having a CR-LF. I have also tested with the csv lines being lon,lat,label and then swapping to lat,lon,label (with appropriate change in navit.xml). In all cases the original error persists. The error does repeat for each csv file in use. I am using 3 csv files and get the error three times. However, in all cases both the binfile map and csv map display properly including the icon which I assigned to the poi_customX that is being used displaying at the proper positions. The editor being used is Geany on Linux.

Since the error seems harmless, with your assurance I am happy to ignore it.

Post subject: Re: -Solved- Navit-0.5.0 svn 6135 map type="csv" fails.
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2015, 23:27 

Well we should still get rid of the error if it's not relevant as it brings confusion. Also we could probably make the csv reader a bit more tolerant to file format differences like this newline thing.

I've created http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1340 for us to fix this.