navit-project.org

forum for navit navigation tool
It is currently 25 Jun 2017, 05:26
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Feel free to ask anything here related to the installation and configuration of Navit.

Some notes before your first post:

Please provide as much informations as possible:

Post subject: Windows CE tcp/ip
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014, 16:35 

Hello,

I'm trying to get navit to accept gps nmea strings over tcp/ip on windows CE 6.0. I've written a little visual basic .net program to accept a connection and then start sending data. I have gotten it to work with the navit windows 32 desktop version, but the same XML settings don't seem to work on CE. Is there something I need to do differently for CE?

I've edited the navit XML file to include a vehicle like this:

<vehicle name="Local GPS" profilename="car" follow="1" enabled="yes" active="1" source="socket:127.0.0.1:2948">
</vehicle>

The vehicle does not show up in the CE version under settings/vehicles in the navit menu.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Windows CE tcp/ip
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014, 21:18 

Hi!
LTIGUY wrote:
I'm trying to get navit to accept gps nmea strings over tcp/ip on windows CE 6.0. I've written a little visual basic .net program to accept a connection and then start sending data. I have gotten it to work with the navit windows 32 desktop version, but the same XML settings don't seem to work on CE. Is there something I need to do differently for CE?

I've edited the navit XML file to include a vehicle like this:

<vehicle name="Local GPS" profilename="car" follow="1" enabled="yes" active="1" source="socket:127.0.0.1:2948">
</vehicle>

We have special vehicle code for wince under navit/vehicle/wince. Unfortunatelym it does not support socket: protocol type unlike navit/vehicle/file used on Win32 desktop.

Most probably, code in navit/vehicle/file is too incompatible with wince that we had to introduce a wince specific vehicle.

Somebody has to make the whole file vehicle code to support wince platform, or adapt socket: handling code to copy it to wince vehicle.

tryagain

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2014, 21:58 

OK, thanks for the reply I appreciate it!

As for using serial ports, is there any hardware flow control used? I've been trying to send ascii strings like this:

$GPRMC,202526.00,A,4012.5117,N,09841.3512,W,5.51,347.94,030314,,,A*40

over the com port, but I don't see navit doing anything with them on either winCE or win32.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2014, 12:52 

LTIGUY wrote:
As for using serial ports, is there any hardware flow control used? I've been trying to send ascii strings like this:

$GPRMC,202526.00,A,4012.5117,N,09841.3512,W,5.51,347.94,030314,,,A*40

over the com port, but I don't see navit doing anything with them on either winCE or win32.

I don't see any attempts to operate flow control in navit code. So system default is used.

Anyway, flow control can only prevent the sending side of the line to send something. So if you switch flow control off at your sending side, navit should receive anything you send, regardless of its flow control settings.

I suggest to check the following:
- if you can actually exchange information between your hw ports by running some terminal sw on both ports and attempting to chat with yourself.
- if baudrate settings are the same for the both of ports.
- if wiring is correct. Note that if you connect two DTEs (computers), you'll have to use a null-modem (crossover) cable. At least TxD and RxD should be crossed in that cable.

tryagain.